By now, most VIM customers that report using ECMPS have heard that the EPA is adding System and Component IDs during missing data periods beginning with the 2019 Q2 reporting period. Here is a summary of what you need to know if you are using VIM’s software:
- Whether you are running CEMLink 5 or CEMLink 6, VIM will provide a patch to handle this update well in advance of your reporting period.
- We are currently working with the Clean Air Markets Division to define exactly what these changes mean. One option under consideration is for the EPA to delay implementation until the Q3 reporting period. This would allow the industry more time to build in the change and deploy it to the 4,000+ affected sources.
- EPA has committed to getting us a draft copy of the reporting instructions sometime in April. There is a meeting scheduled as part of the upcoming EPRI CEM User Group Conference at 10:30 AM on May 7th in St. Louis, MO to discuss these changes.
- Assuming we get what we need from EPA in April/May, we expect to have our software patches for CEMLink 5 and CEMLink 6 ready by the end of May 2019.
- We suggest you contact VIM now by e-mailing our Support Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. VIM Support will review your profile, evaluate your maintenance contract’s coverage for these updates, let you know next steps, and get you in the queue.